When it comes to delightful no-bake treats, Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats are the undisputed champions. With their irresistible blend of gooey caramel, crispy rice cereal, and a hint of salt, these treats strike the perfect balance between sweet and salty. In this unique twist on a classic favorite, we’ll show you how to create these mouthwatering confections that are sure to become a cherished addition to your dessert repertoire.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Cooking spray or extra butter (for greasing)
- Begin by greasing a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter. This will prevent the treats from sticking.
- In a large saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat. Stir in the mini marshmallows and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until they are completely melted and the mixture is smooth. This usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the salted caramel sauce. Stir vigorously to incorporate the caramel into the marshmallow mixture. The combination of the sweet, gooey marshmallows with the rich, salty caramel is pure magic.
- Pour the Rice Krispies cereal into the caramel marshmallow mixture. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently fold everything together until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. To prevent sticking, you can use a piece of wax paper or a greased spatula to press the mixture down firmly and evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt for that perfect sweet and salty contrast. Don’t be shy; the salt enhances the caramel flavor beautifully.
- Allow the Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats to cool and set for at least 30 minutes, or you can speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Once set, cut the treats into squares or rectangles. The choice is yours, but smaller portions are great for sharing!
- Serve and indulge in the irresistible combination of caramel goodness, crispy cereal, and a touch of salt.